What Is it?
The SkillsFuture Study Awards equip Singaporeans with the skills needed to benefit from quality jobs created by our economy. As Singapore continues our transition to an innovation-driven economy, new skills and competencies among Singaporeans will be in demand. Jobs are also evolving with new functions and existing ones requiring updated skillsets. The SkillsFuture Study Awards encourage Singaporeans to develop and deepen specialist skills needed by future economic growth sectors or in areas of demand. It also supports Singaporeans who already have deep specialist skills to develop other competencies. Over 500 study awards will be available from October 2015. At a later stage, we aim to give up to 2,000 study awards annually.
Who is it for?
The SkillsFuture Study Awards are for early to mid-career Singaporeans who are committed to developing and deepening their skills in key sectors and have relevant working experience in such sectors.
How will I Benefit?
You will enjoy additional support in your journey of acquiring and advancing your skills, an enhanced level of employability in an evolving economy and greater opportunities to maximise your potential.
How does it work?
You will receive a monetary award of S$5,000, which you can use to defray out-of-pocket expenses associated with the course that you will be taking. It can also be used on top of existing Government course fee subsidies. You do not need to serve a bond.
How do I sign up?
STEP 1: Please click on the links below to view details of the specific SkillsFuture Study Awards and to download the application form:
- Accountancy Sector | Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC)
- Advanced Manufacturing | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Air Transport Sector | Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)
- Aerospace Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Attractions Sector | Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- Built Environment Sector | Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
- Cities, Infrastructure and Industrial Solutions Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Cleantech Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Design Sector | DesignSingapore Council (Dsg)
- Disability Employment Professionals | SG Enable (SGE)
- Early Childhood Sector | Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA)
- Electronics Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Energy and Chemicals Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Estate Agency Industry | Council for Estate Agencies (CEA)
- Financial Sector | Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Food Manufacturing Sector | Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Food Services Sector | Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Healthcare Sector | Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Hotel Sector | Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- Human Resource Sector | Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
- Infocomm Technology Sector | Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Intellectual Property Sector | Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS)
- International Business | Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Land Transport Sector | Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Legal Sector | Ministry of Law (MinLaw)
- Logistics Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Marine and Offshore Engineering | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Media Sector | Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- MICE Sector | Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- Persons with Disabilities | SG Enable (SGE)
- Power Sector | Energy Market Authority (EMA)
- Precision Engineering Sector | Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Private Security Sector | Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- Retail Sector | Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
- Sea Transport Sector | Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Social Service Sector | National Council of Social Service (NCSS)
- Tourist Guide Sector | Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- Training and Adult Education Sector | Institute for Adult Learning Singapore (IAL)
- Travel Agent Sector | Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- WorldSkills Competitors | SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
STEP 2: Please click here to submit your completed application form.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme
Under this programme, fresh ITE and polytechnic graduates will get placed with employers and..
The SkillsFuture Series is a curated list of short, industry-relevant training programmes that focus on emerging skills. As...
SkillsFuture Qualification Award
This award recognises the efforts of Singapore Citizens in attaining WSQ full qualifications, which equip them with comprehensive and ...
SkillsFuture Work-Study Degree Programmes
The SkillsFuture Work-Study Degree Programmes allow students to acquire deep technical and essential generic skills...