What Is it?
The Skills Framework (SFw) is a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
Jointly developed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Workforce Singapore (WSG), and Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS), together with industry associations, training providers, organisations and unions, the Skills Framework for Intellectual Property provides useful information on:
Occupations and job roles;
Existing and emerging skills; and
Training programmes for skills upgrading and mastery.
Who Is It For?
Individuals who wish to join or progress within the Intellectual Property sector, to assess their career interest, identify relevant training programmes to upgrade their skills and prepare for the desired job roles.
Employers will be able to recognise these skills and invest in training their employees for career development and skills upgrading.
Training providers can gain insights on sector trends, existing and emerging skills that are in demand, and design programmes to address the industry needs accordingly.
How Does It Work?
The SFw for Intellectual Property contains information on trends, career pathways, occupations, job roles, skills and competencies and training programmes.
(i) Sector Information
This section provides information on the SFw for Intellectual Property, including information on trends and workforce profiles in the sector. Click here to download the Guide to Occupations and Skills for the SFw for Intellectual Property.
(ii) Career Pathways
The Career Pathways show the possible options for vertical and lateral progression for advancement and growth. Three (3) tracks which encompass 11 job roles:
- IP Legal
- Patents Prosecution
- IP Strategy
- IP Management
- IP Commercialisation
Click to download the Career Pathways for the Intellectual Property sector. [PDF]
(iii) Skills Map
The Skills Maps covers a total of 11 job roles, critical work functions, key tasks and skills and competencies aligned to the three (3) tracks.
(a) View the Occupations/Job Roles under the SFw for Intellectual Property
Click on the tracks listed below to download the Skills Map for each track.
(iv) Skills and Competencies
The Skills and Competencies identified for each of the job roles fall under two broad classifications: (i) Technical Skills and Competencies, and (ii) Generic Skills and Competencies.
(a) View the Technical Skills and Competencies for the SFw for Intellectual Property
Technical Skills and Competencies comprise occupation/job-specific knowledge, skills and abilities that a person needs to have to perform the various tasks. Click on the following link to download the Overview of Technical Skills and Competencies for the SFw for Intellectual Property. [PDF]
- Business Environment Analysis [PDF/Word]
- Business Negotiation [PDF/Word]
- Business Opportunities Development [PDF/Word]
- Business Presentation Delivery [PDF/Word]
- Market Entry Strategy Formulation [PDF/Word]
- Market Research [PDF/Word]
- Networking [PDF/Word]
- Budgeting [PDF/Word]
- Business Data Analysis [PDF/Word]
- Business Risk Management [PDF/Word]
- Change Management [PDF/Word]
- Data Visualisation [PDF/Word]
- Innovation Management [PDF/Word]
- Organisational Strategy and Policy Realisation [PDF/Word]
- Project Management [PDF/Word]
- Project Risk Management [PDF/Word]
- Vendor Management [PDF/Word]
Intellectual Property Management
- Contracts and Agreements [PDF/Word]
- Copyright Protection [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Audit and Due Diligence [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property in Business [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Commercialisation and Exploitation [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Enforcement [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Intelligence [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Licensing [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Management Processes [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Monetisation [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Management [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property in Research and Development [PDF/Word]
- Intellectual Property Strategy [PDF/Word]
- Patent Claim and Specification Drafting [PDF/Word]
- Patent Office Action and Infringements [PDF/Word]
- Patent Practice [PDF/Word]
- Registered Design Application [PDF/Word]
- Technology Assessment [PDF/Word]
- Technology Incubation [PDF/Word]
- Technology Transfer [PDF/Word]
- Trade Mark Application [PDF/Word]
(b) View the Generic Skills and Competencies for the SFw for Intellectual Property
Generic Skills and Competencies are employability/transferable skills and competencies. Click on the following link to download the Overview of Generic Skills and Competencies for the SFw for Intellectual Property. [PDF]
(v) Training Programmes
The Training Programmes provide information on skills acquisition that are available for new entrants and in-service personnel to acquire skills and competencies required for various job roles in the Intellectual Property sector.
(a) View the Training Programmes for new entrants
These are programmes that equip new entrants with skills and knowledge for the specific job role in the sector at their respective entry level.
Click on the tracks below to download the respective training programme for each job role.
(b) View the Training Programmes for for in-service employees
For in-service employees who work in the Intellectual Property sector and who aspire to take on more challenging roles at work, you can identify and enrol in the training programmes listed here to acquire the relevant skills.
For more information on Training Programmes, please visit the respective training providers’ websites or http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Skills Framework Templates
SKILLS FRAMEWORK WORKSHOP
We encourage enterprises that are keen to learn how Skills Framework can enhance their Human Resource practices to sign up for the Skills Framework Workshop.
HOW you will benefit
- Understand the intent and purpose of the Skills Framework
- Comprehend the components of the Skills Framework
- Enhance HR practices in the areas of talent attraction, performance and career management, learning and development through the Skills Framework
- Adopt the Skills Framework to improve people strategy and business outcomes
WHO should attend
- HR practitioners who:
- Develop strategic HR policies and processes
- Develop in-house workplace learning tools and platforms
- Review strategic alignment between corporate vision and human capabilities
- Line managers and leaders who develop and deploy performance support tools
Click HERE to register your interest for the workshop.
SKILLS FRAMEWORK CLINIC
We encourage enterprises who require further help to apply Skills Framework to sign up for the Skills Framework Clinic.
HOW you will benefit
- Come with ready problem statements, questions or challenges concerning applying Skills Framework in your enterprise
- Receive advice on how Skills Framework can be implemented as solutions to attract, empower and develop talent
WHO should attend
- HR practitioners who:
- Have attended the Skills Framework workshop or are familiar with the Skills Framework
- Require additional support to better integrate applications of Skills Framework with human resources systems and processes
Click HERE to register your interest for the clinic.