What is it?
The Work-Study Diploma (WSDip) is part of the suite of SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes offered by Institute of Higher Learning (IHLs) and appointed private providers, as well as the industry. Targeting at fresh graduates1 from the Institute of Technical Education (ITE), WSDip provides them with a head-start in their careers related to their discipline of study and more opportunities to build on the skills and knowledge they acquired in school through a work-study arrangement.
Participating employers can recruit local fresh graduates, within three years of graduation or the Operationally Ready Date for full-time National Servicemen, and prepare them to take up suitable job roles. The programme is designed in collaboration with industry to ensure relevance to employers in the sector. Participants in the programme can look forward to a structured career progression pathway within the organisation.
1 Within three years of graduation or Operationally Ready Date for full-time National Servicemen
Who is it for?
The Work-Study Diploma (WSDip) is for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are within three years of (i) graduation from the ITE or the (ii) Operationally Ready Date for full-time National Servicemen (NSFs).
The Work-Study Diploma (WSDip) is for companies, societies and non-profit organisations that are registered or incorporated in Singapore.
How does it work?
You will be matched with a job related to your discipline of study and undergo a 12- to 36-month structured training programme, depending on the programme, sector and job requirements. The programme includes facilitated learning, on-the-job training and work-based projects, to allow you to deepen your skill sets at the workplace. You will have an assigned mentor at the workplace and enjoy a well-structured career progression pathway, in line with the company’s talent development plan. At the end of the programme, you will receive an industry-recognised Diploma-level qualification and potential wage progression or career advancement based on performance.
Suitable candidates will be matched with a job related to their field of study and undergo structured on-the-job training and mentorship in your company. They will also benefit from a well-structured career development pathway and guidance from mentors through your company’s talent development plan.
How will I benefit?
- Receive a competitive starting salary and full-time employment with participating companies
- Deepen your skills through structured workplace learning, mentorship, and facilitated learning
- Acquire relevant work experience and skills valued by the industry
- Attain an industry-recognised Diploma-level qualification
- Get a sign-on incentive of S$5,0002
- Potentially enjoy skills-based wage increments and career advancement pathways upon programme completion, depending on factors such as satisfactory job performance and job scope expansion
- Groom and retain suitable talent with the relevant skills and aptitude to meet the needs of your company.
- Receive a grant of up to $15,0003 per individual2 placed in the Work-Study Diploma (WSDip) to defray the costs of developing and providing structured on-job-training.
2 For fresh graduates who are Singapore Citizens and within three years of graduation or Operationally Ready Date for full-time National Servicemen only
3 Terms and Conditions apply
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
SkillsFuture Advice is a community outreach initiative that complements existing advisory services and resources to help...
SkillsFuture Study Awards
This programme is for those in their early and mid-career so they can develop and deepen their...
TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA)
TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) is a framework of initiatives for professional development for current information and...
Education and Career Guidance
The SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace programme aims to prepare the workforce with the right skills.